This tutorial will guide you through the initial setup process for Leeching Bot to ensure there is no confusion. If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.
1. Message @LeechingBot on Telegram by sending ‘/start’.
2. Click the ‘Groups’ button (if this is your first group then you will see different buttons than the ones shown below).
3. Click the ‘New Group’ button.
4. From here, we will follow the steps and instructions the bot provides us. If you have not created a group then we will go ahead and make one by following the instructions provided in this message. If you have already made a group then you can skip to the next step.
5. Add @LeechingBot to your group. If you already did this when creating your group then you can skip to the next step.
6. If you have only just created the group or have never changed it to public before, then you will need to do this now. If you would prefer to keep the group private then you can change it to public and then back to private, it just needs to have been changed at least once.
7. Send ‘/add’ in the group.
8. Go back to your private messages with the bot and follow the bot’s guide to promoting it to an admin. When you are finished, click the ‘Done!’ button.
9. After clicking the ‘Done!’ button, the bot will ask you what you want the group to be called on the bot. This name will not impact the actual group at all and is purely to help you recognize the group when you need to change the settings. Send what you want the group to be called.
10. The bot will then ask you whether you want the group to have a link-based or time-based requirement. Make sure you read each of the explanations carefully if you are unsure what they mean. For this tutorial we will pick link-based.
Note: If you choose to have a time-based requirement then some of the following steps may be slightly different for you.
11. The bot will ask you what type of group it is. For this tutorial it will be a like and comment group.
12. You will then be asked about the engagement requirement (only for link-based groups). For this tutorial we will choose a Dx5 group.
13. The bot will ask you what the maximum number of warns a user can reach before being banned. For this tutorial, it will be a maximum of three warns.
14. You will then be asked for the welcome message. You can choose to have this as nothing or you can set a custom one.
15. As the last question, the bot will ask you about the rules message. You can either set your own, have the bot automatically create one or have none at all.
16. DONE! If you have followed all of these steps correctly then your group should be added and you should be sent a success message from the bot.
If you need assistance with any of these steps then please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.